As part of Foley & Lardner LLP’s ongoing mission to ensure that clients are prepared for dynamic changes in the current legal landscape, the firm recently presented the Association of Corporate Counsel – Michigan and Foley & Lardner LLP 2018 Legal Trends for In-House Counsel Program.
The program was held on Thursday, November 29th at the Townsend Hotel in Birmingham, Michigan and was designed to bring in-house counsel up to speed on current and prospective legal trends. This year’s event focused on recent legal issues, highlighting critical trends in international commerce and their impact on companies with international customers, suppliers, and competitors.
Vanessa Miller, a partner in Foley & Lardner LLP’s Detroit Office, and Nicholas Ellis, Senior Counsel in Foley & Lardner LLP’s Detroit Office, who both specialize in supply chain disputes and counseling, hosted the program. The firm invited experts from its domestic and international offices to discuss a variety of strategic legal and commercial topics including:
Cross-Border Investigations and Data Privacy Considerations
- Jennifer Belveal, Partner, Foley & Lardner LLP
Panel Discussion: Coping Strategies for the International Trade War: Protecting Your Interests as a Supplier, Importer, Consumer, and Competitor
- Nicholas Ellis, Senior Counsel, Foley & Lardner LLP
- David Hickerson, Partner, Foley & Lardner LLP
- Greg Husisian, Partner, Foley & Lardner LLP
Moderator: Vanessa Miller, Partner, Foley & Lardner LLP
#Me Too and the Challenges of Today’s Workplace
- Phil Phillips, Partner, Foley & Lardner LLP
- Felicia O’Connor, Associate, Foley & Lardner LLP
The Post-Election Outlook & Strategic Implications for Businesses
- Steve Hilfinger, Partner, Foley & Lardner LLP
- Rob Nederhood, Senior Counsel, Foley & Lardner LLP
Panel Discussion: Addressing Challenges of Doing Business in Mexico and Outlook under the New “NAFTA”
- Alejandro Gomez, Partner, Foley & Lardner LLP
- Arcie Jordan, Partner, Foley & Lardner LLP
- Jennifer Neumann, Assistant General Counsel, American Axle & Manufacturing, Inc.
Moderator: John Trentacosta, Partner, Foley & Lardner LLP
Foley & Lardner LLP’s s Automotive and Manufacturing teams counsel a number of clients regarding legal issues presented at the program. For additional information, please do not hesitate to contact us or visit Foley.com.